Frequently Asked Questions

Only select records are listed below. View all FAQs

How do I ...

Dispute a transaction?

If you believe there is an error with a transaction, contact the Member Service Center.

Additional information regarding electronic transactions

Federal Regulations provide certain protections and limitations for specific types of electronic transactions, including:

  1. Point of Sale (POS)
  2. Automated Teller Machine (ATM)
  3. Direct Deposit
  4. Preauthorized Payment
  5. UltraBranch
  6. Electronic Check Transactions

Learn about your rights, responsibilities, and protections associated with these electronic transactions in the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure presented to members when they apply for Direct Deposit, UltraBranch, or an ATM/Visa Debit Card.

Submit a travel notification?

It’s always a great idea to let us know that you will be using your debit or credit card while traveling. This helps us to recognize that purchases made outside your normal activity area may not be fraudulent.

Travel notes will be added to your account within two business days. If you are traveling now and need immediate assistance, simply call us at (800) 525-9094. We are available 24/7.

To notify us of upcoming travel plans:

  1. Log in to UltraBranch.
  2. Look for the “Related Links” along the right-hand side of the page.
  3. Click the “Submit Travel Notification” link.
  4. Complete the onscreen submission form.
    Helpful Hint: This travel note will be added for the cardholder selected onscreen. You will need to complete more than one request if both cardholders will be traveling.

Once we receive your notification, we will notate both your debit and credit card.

Even while you travel, we’ve got you covered

We understand that nothing can disrupt your travel plans like a fraudster getting access to your account. While you are traveling, we will continue to monitor for high-risk transactions and suspicious activity.

Many vacation destinations are also areas where card theft is at its highest. If we believe a transaction to be fraudulent, we will decline the transaction until we are able to reach you and verify the purchase. In some instances, or if we are unable to reach you, we may block all future purchases until we can speak with you.

To ensure this protection won’t cause a disruption to your travel, we are available 24/7 to help you authorize card transactions. We encourage you to have a second form of payment available, as well as a method to call us, during your travel. That way, in the event that your primary payment method is lost or compromised, you have additional access to your funds.

Related questions:

How do I make an online payment to my Alaska USA loan?

Online Account Access

You can make single or recurring payments to any Alaska USA loan from your checking or savings account at Alaska USA or any financial institution. Enroll now.

Not yet enrolled in online account access?

Go to to schedule one-time or recurring payments from your account at another financial institution to any of the following Alaska USA loan types:

  • Auto and recreational vehicle loans (car/truck, snowmachine, RV, motorcycle, boat, etc.)
  • Signature loans
  • Home improvement loans
  • Residential lot or recreational property loans
  • Qualified miscellaneous loans (personal computer, trailer, snow plow, etc.)
  • Qualified business loans

Due to additional processing requirements, you must use Online Account Access to set up single or recurring payments to all other loan types, including your Alaska USA credit card, Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) or mortgage.

Activate my ATM, Visa Debit or Visa Credit Card?

There are several convenient ways to activate your ATM or Visa® Debit Card.

To activate your Visa® Credit Card call (800) 543-5073.

Change my address?

UltraBranch users may change their address online:

  • Log in to UltraBranch.
  • Click on the 'Account Profile' tab.
  • Click on the 'Change Address' button.

Visit any branch.

Call the Member Service Center.

Change the type of an open share account?

Alaska USA offers different types of savings, checking and money market accounts to meet the diverse needs of individual members. Terms and dividends may vary between these account types.

Members who have signed up for UltraBranch can change the type of their open savings, checking, and money market accounts online.

To change the type of an existing share account online:

  1. Login to UltraBranch
  2. Click on the 'Account Profile' tab
  3. Click on the 'Share Account Type' link below the tabs.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to change your share account type.

If you have not signed up for UltraBranch you can contact the Member Service Center to change your open shares.

Learn more about UltraBranch or sign up.

Get a loan balance?

You can use UltraBranch to check on a loan balance via the Internet, or at an UltraBranch Terminal in many branches. You may also visit any branch or call the member service center.

Stop payment on a check I have written that has been lost or stolen?

You can place a stop payment on lost or stolen check that has not yet been presented for payment by phone, online or at any branch.
  • Online: Log in and to UltraBranch. Click on the "Account Services" tab and choose "Stop Pay" from the list of available options. You will be asked for the check number and amount.
  • By phone: Contact the Member Service Center.
  • Branch: Visit any branch.

Stop payments placed through UltraBranch are free. Stop payments placed through the Member Service Center or at a branch are assessed a fee of $15 per request.

Cancel Bill Pay service?

If you decide that you do not wish to use Bill Pay, the service is easy to stop.

Log in to UltraBranch, then click on the 'Account Profile' tab. Click on the 'Cancel Bill Pay' link listed below the tabs. The following page contains the instructions to cancel your Bill Pay service.

File online for an Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend?

The state of Alaska allows you file online for your Permanent Fund Dividend. Visit the Permanent Fund Division web site and file online from January 2 through March 31.

You can also have your Permanent Fund Dividend deposited directly into you Alaska USA account.

Learn more about the PFD on the PFD Answer Page.

Log in to access my accounts?

  1. Visit the Alaska USA home page.
  2. Enter your User ID in the field at the top-left of the page.
  3. Click the "Log in" button to load your personalized password entry screen.
  4. Verify your personalized image is correct and enter your password. Click 'Submit' to finish logging into your account.

Learn more about online account access or sign up.

Open a new checking, money market, or certificate account?

Members who have signed up for UltraBranch can open a checking, certificate, or money market account online*.

To open a share account online:

  1. Login to UltraBranch
  2. Click on the 'Account Profile' tab
  3. Click on the 'Open New Shares' link below the tabs.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to open your new account.

If you have not signed up for UltraBranch you can contact the Member Service Center to open a new share account.

Learn more about UltraBranch.

* Checking and Money Market shares are limited to one per account. Members may have multiple certificate shares on an account.
IRA Certificates cannot be opened online. Contact the Member Service Center or visit any branch location to open an IRA Certificate.

Order checks?

There are several ways you may reorder checks. Learn more on the Order Checks & Accessories page.

Report a lost or stolen ATM, Visa Debit or Visa credit card?

Alaska USA emergency contact numbers are included on the contact page.

<< Back to previous page | Return to FAQ Index